Skip to main content

Foreign Auto Physical Damage


Covers physical damage to University owned vehicles that are scheduled for use in foreign countries. Physical damage coverage may have been purchased in the country of origin, however because insurance regulations and procedures vary widely by country, we recommend purchasing a U.S. policy. The company that underwrites this risk in the U.S. has expertise in handling claims in foreign countries.

To schedule a vehicle to be added to the Foreign Auto Physical Damage policy, provide the following to Risk Management & Insurance:

  • Vehicle Year
  • Vehicle Make
  • Vehicle Model
  • Vehicle VIN
  • Vehicle Value
  • Country Where the Vehicle is Located
  • Purchase Order Number if Available
  • University Account Number

The premium for this coverage is charged to the requesting department.